Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sewing




I've been sewing. I know I said I was going to use the fan material to make a dress, but it kept shouting 'long skirt' at me, so that's what I did. I didn't use a pattern. It's a cut-your-skirt-according-to-your-cloth-and-the-size-of-your-behind garment. I've become braver about doing that in the last few years.

 I did use a pattern for the baby dress, which is  a present for a friend's granddaughter. The pattern is by Mad Quilter and can be found here. I wanted a little bit of tatting on the front. Thanks to Mary Konior. I don't have her books, this is copied from a photo by Frivole, though I added more picots to make it easier to sew on. The thread is Cebelia which I have rainbow dyed. I thought it would go well with the rainbow ric rac that my daughter Penny sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment