Friday, May 18, 2012

Targets


I'm a great one for setting myself targets. I've decided I'll knit three pairs of wristlets or fingerless gloves, three hats and 20 cup covers for market and then do something else. I might come back to market knitting, but  I have some other things I want to do first. I'm going to have to make some adjustments to the hat pattern because the yarn is double knitting, not chunky - too thin to use in the pattern as is and too thick to double up.

I'm not altogether sold on Magic Loop knitting. I agree with Fox that it doesn't have the Zen of knitting with double pointed needles. Shoving stitches back and forth is clever, but lacks the simplicity of moving round and round from needle to needle. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I have a ladder-look between the two sections of stitches which I don't get with double pointed needles.

2 comments:

  1. There's a solution for the ladders: I usually knit over the previous needle when using dpns, but under the cable with magic loop. That seems to help a lot. In addition, give the first 2 or 3 stitches on a needle a sharp tug as you slide it off - this pretty much eliminates the ladder, and becomes second nature after a few rounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jesse. I must work at it. I don't want to give up too easily!

      Delete