Monday, October 29, 2012

Dyepot to Scarf

I finished spinning and plying another batch of wool. Four skeins. I washed them and then dunked one end in grey dye and the other end in blue dye.

I fixed the dye in the oven, cooled the skeins, rinsed and dried them.


Next step was to roll them into balls.


And then I began knitting the reversible cable scarf from Rosmademe.

The colours have pooled in a really interesting way. I can't guarantee that the effect will continue for the whole length of the scarf,  since the dyeing is random and skeins often differ from each other, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the color effect! fun fun!
    I work my socks last night, so comfy!
    It's finally (getting) cold enough to really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Winter is long, so don't wish it upon yourself too soon though!

      Delete
    2. True, especially since my lungs don't like to cooperate with me and the cold air doesn't help.
      However, the temps won't get "cold" here for awhile still.
      I'm enjoying the fall temps now. :o)
      My birthday is at the Winter Solstice most years, (Dec 22) so I enjoy the late fall, early winter weather. :o)

      Delete