Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Freeing my shuttles


For months my favourite shuttles have been attached to the edging for my tablecloth. I didn't want to complete the edging until I could be sure I wasn't twisting it. I really need those shuttles. So yesterday I finished pinning the edging to the cloth and made the final join. I'm going to need the pins soon too, so that will be an incentive to finish the sewing! I'm more than half way. Why do I need the shuttles? I've been asked to do a talk about tatting in a couple of weeks time. I'm thinking of making a display to show different ways that tatting can be used. I have quite a bit of tatting I can use, but there are gaps that will need to be filled in.

Talking of shuttles, this aero post shuttle is ideal for tatting clunies. Its slimline shape weaves smoothly even near the end of a long cluny.

6 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze, impress and inspire! First, it was utterly amazing to see an Aero POST shuttle. Yours is the first of its kind I have ever seen.

    Second, you have mastered Clunies. BRAVO! Your Clunies are magnificent.

    Third, your edging progress, your motivation and your upcoming little talk. All this and more inspire me (I'm sure I am not the only one.) to keep on tatting, to keep trying, to keep going.

    Thank you for all you do. And thank you for sharing so that others may look in through this tiny window into your corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you very much, it's comments like these that keep me going! When I began, I wondered if anyone would be interested in peering into my corner of the world.

      I don't usually use post shuttles, but my daughter sent the aero one to me and I'm glad to find something it's ideal for.

      Delete
  2. I love when I'm able to free up my shuttles. It means another beautiful piece of tatted lace has been completed. I've been following the progress of your tablecloth, and I can't help wondering if I have what it takes to complete such an undertaking. I'm really looking forward to seeing it finished!

    I'm not familiar with Aero post shuttles... something to look up, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a little embarrassed that my tablecloth has been so close to completion for so long. I really must get it done!!

      Delete
  3. That tablecloth looks like it will be great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like everyone else I have never seen an Aero post shuttle before and like you never normally use post shuttles, but have some lovely ones from Tat Days. As for freeing shuttles, I am terrible as I just slip them off the bobbins and refill more bobbins!
    I agree with IsDihara (my friend!) you do amaze us and so pleased you now have a chance to share your tatting skills.

    ReplyDelete