Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dangles

There was a thread on In Tatters that showed 'strings' of beads dangling from rings or split rings. I think it might have stemmed from a picture of Elizabeth's work, but I may be wrong on that. Certainly it was PattyD who explained how to do it. It's not as difficult as it looks. The dangles are put onto the thread beforehand, by taking the thread through the beads and then back through all of them except the bottom one. The dangles can then be moved along the thread by pulling the loop at the bottom, to move them into place, or to move them out of the way. The dangles can be put onto the shuttle thread, as I did in the bottom example, but I thought they'd be easier to work with on the chain thread. Now to put the technique to use.

4 comments:

  1. What a good idea, I hate throwing away any small lengths of thread
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks hard but interesting, I must pop over and have a look, thanks fir sharing
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete