Monday, February 3, 2014

Another Necklace

 This one is tatted in a more conventional thread, size 20. It's funny that if you've been using size 60 or 80 thread, size 20 feels like rope; but if, like me, you've been tatting with 4 ply knitting yarn, size 20 feels very dainty!

 I measured how much thread one chain took and then spaced the 'stacks' of beads along the ball thread that far (7cm) apart.
It didn't have to be exact, but it worked well. The next stack was nearby when I was ready to move it into place, but I didn't have to move unwanted stacks out of the way, which is what I was trying to avoid.

The inspiration for this necklace came from a necklace worn by a character in a local soap opera I watch on weekday afternoons. Hers isn't tatted of course, but has small 'dangles' hanging from a chain.

7 comments:

  1. Looking lovely, I did nit realise that the stacks were put on the ball thread.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be on the ball thread or the shuttle thread. I thought it would be easier to have them on the ball when I was using so many.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is great, I've only tried beads a couple of times and found it really awkward to do, I'm impressed, its beautiful.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya on the size of the thread. And it is a good feeling to guesstamate something and have it turn out right, Yea. I like the double bead work, and I know what you mean about the soap opera. I secretly want to tat or make the necklace on the Madagascar movie the blue one the cheetah girl is wearing :) ooops guess it's not a secret huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) not any more it isn't! We'll see it on your blog one day.

      Delete
  4. Very interesting ! Need to try it sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete