Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sandra Swatches

I'm knitting myself a top from a pattern in a magazine called Sandra. It's taking longer than I intended, for this reason and that, but I do  hope to be able to wear it this winter. First I spun enough wool, I hope, and dyed it.
I rolled the wool into balls and then knitted some swatches.
The bottom swatch is knitted with a 4 mm needle, and follows the pattern. I liked the diamond pattern, but I felt that the other one was too complicated, especially for a multicoloured yarn. So I simplified it for the second swatch. I also used a 4.5 mm needle. I liked the simpler lace panel, but the needle was too big for the yarn thickness. So I started knitting with a 4 mm needle and the simpler stitch version.

4 comments:

  1. Always fun to see what you are up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen this magazine for years, looks a lovely pattern and I also like your version of the pattern. Hope you get it finished for your winter, I think it is your winter now isn't it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete