Saturday, August 30, 2014

Trying Corina's Tips

The first of Corina's dragonflies that I made was a poor, pathetic creature with mangled wings. So I did two more using double double stitch for the wings. The problem is that it makes the wings rather too substantial for dragonflies. So this morning I tried to follow Corina's tips for tatting large rings with ordinary double stitches. I made a very large loop of thread, winding the excess round my little finger, so that I wouldn't have to enlarge the loop from the shuttle. And I tried earnestly to close the ring moving only the core thread and not the stitches themselves. Hmmm. Better than the first one, but could probably use more practice. Thanks for the help, Corina.

8 comments:

  1. It looks so simple, but obviously not, I have these on my list to do, I think I must give myself time to play when making them.
    I think you have got the idea it's just perfection that is needed.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific advancement on the dragonfly front! They look complicated to me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dragonfly pattern looks very hard to tat. Your completed dragonflies are pretty and look like they're ready to take flight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one looks like you could put it on a car windshield ha ha ha and you have most defiantly improved, I really want to try this and a little scared cause your troubles but this makes me want to try it! I have to wait till Wednesday cause I am trying to finish something for a fair and running out of time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wondering if some inspired blocking would not fix several of your mutant flies. I know how frustrating it is to have something not work and applaud your persistence. The last one looked fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if you could do the whole dragonfly with double double stitches -- then the wings would fit right in.

    ReplyDelete