Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Once Bitten.....


On the one hand, I've been bitten (again) by the sock knitting bug. On the other hand, having run out of blue wool on the last pair of socks I knitted, I wanted to be sure I had enough red wool to knit Sandra Jager's Red dragons. I knitted this swatch, then unravelled it and  measured how much wool it took so that I could see if I have enough wool. I do. Originally I planned to just knit dragons around the top of the socks, but I've decided to put red dragons around the top of each sock and black dragons on the rest.  Once again I'm using handspun wool in combination with commercial sock wool. This colour red is difficult to dye, so I'm happy to have a little ball in my stash.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful and looks like a little fleur-de-lis or two with him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky recipient of these dragon-socks-to-be! - they will be gorgeous. Lovely pattern, I have a red glass dragon which a cousin from Wales carried all the way here in her hand luggage! - It lives very safely behind glass doors now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our school mascot is the dragon, although it's green rather than red. Still, when I get in the mood to knit socks agin, this might be a good pattern to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These will make very fun socks. I've tried to learn how to knit a few times, but haven't gotten very far. Seeing your projects makes me want to try again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first looked at your dragon, my thoughts went to she knitting a Welsh dragon which is the symbol for Wales.
    Going to look lovely socks
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete