Thursday, April 2, 2015

Beanie for Isabel

My granddaughter Isabel asked if I'd knit her a beanie for upcoming Winter. Of course, I'd be glad to. I had a skein in my stash that my sister-in-law bought for me when I was on holiday in Suffolk that was just the thing for the job. It's such pretty wool that I thought a plain pattern would be best to show it off. I used 5 mm double pointed needles to knit it in the round. I'm just waiting to hear whether Isabel would like to have a pompon on top, or not.

7 comments:

  1. She should love this! It's so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the color and I love pompoms but the kids around here do not :) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hat and colour perfect for a little girl
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handspun in Suffolk!! - gorgeous. Is it herdwick? or merino?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's merino. Part of the colour effect was achieved by having one ply that is superwash which takes the dye differently to the other plies. The lady who dyed it is a friend of my s-I-l's.

      Delete