Friday, May 1, 2015

Windowsill


I still have the cuffs to do, but I've finished the fairisle part of the socks. The chart was designed by Anne Abrahamsen. I found it on Ravelry. The pattern is called Windowsill or Fensterbank or Vindueskarm. I love the way the pattern goes all the way round the sock, so that the back and the front are not the same. If I'd really had my wits about me, I could've made the socks mirror images of each other, but I had enough trouble keeping track of two circular needles and four balls of wool!

7 comments:

  1. Great choice for the leg of the sock and very well done. I also like the idea of mirror imaging the design although it would require some brain acrobatics for me to accomplish such a feat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Jane! I like your fair isle. Can I ask what type of heel did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a 'no wrap, no gap, short row heel', following a tutorial by Happy Knits from Ravelry. You knit short rows and then pick up the loop between stitches on the increase rows.

      Delete
  3. It certainly seems to be a very fast method of knitting a pair of socks! - and I like the fairisle, but now you must try that other technique of knitting one sock inside the other. Double knitting, and in theory I know how to do it, but haven't seen it done!

    ReplyDelete