Thursday, May 7, 2015

With Beads



Eventually I did get the hang of Ninetta's layered rings and created a whole line of 'diamonds'. Then, as muskaan predicted, I wondered what had taken me so long! I filled my shuttles with size 20 thread instead of the 10 I used for learning, and had a go at adding beads. I had to give some thought to adding a bead to the mock picot. What I did was make a lop-sided picot - one side is double length and the other close up which creates a loop that a bead can be threaded onto. There are several possibilities for adding beads. Probably the easiest way is to add beads to the picots when joining. A bead can also be added to the centre of the top ring. Or both. These techniques don't require beads on the shuttles. Threading beads onto the shuttles would add more options.

9 comments:

  1. Wouldn't that beaded motif make a pretty bracelet? ...in blue, of course! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have mastered this technique very well, it is something that I haven't seen before. I always think that tatting looks very nice with beads, I like the look of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great experimentation, Jane ! Love the beads you've added - especially the single center one. It's like you've added another 'layer' to the layered rings :-)
    Your tip will be very helpful when I try it with beads. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane I like this motif and the way it lies. I'm going to have to give it a go once I get caught up with a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks like you got it! I understand that bead decision comment it does take some thoughts ahead of time too know what to do especially for me cause I really don't bead that often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane this is a really lovely diamond pattern and I like the way you have added beads. I am going to try this motif
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. What will you do with all your diamonds, Jane? They look good with the beads.

    ReplyDelete