Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Another Colour Conundrum

I bought a whole packet of yarn so that I would have enough matching yarn to complete my cardigan. But the ball at the top looks quite different to the ball at the bottom. Yes, it has the same dye lot number. I thought that the orange would just be inside the ball, but I  'rummaged' inside the ball and it is only in the very middle that any orange appears. And there's a stretch of darkest green that is not right at all. I'll leave the ball for now and hope that I don't need it. Worst case scenario, I'll use it for bands and collar. Random dyeing is all very well, but there should be some degree of consistency!

11 comments:

  1. I've had that happen before as well. It's quite annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...how frustrating!! Hope it all works out really well because you makes such wonderful sweaters!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how awful, do hope you don't need the extra ball or as you say use it for bands and collar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful! That's a frustrating problem to run into. Never understood how the SAME dye lot could produce such a variety of shades of the same color(s). I hope you don't need to use that ball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How annoying. Would it be worth re-winding the 'faulty' ball, so that you can really see the inside of it? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's frustrating hope you don't need the ball, the only thing to do is unwind it and find if there's some you can use.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Diane, I've had that happen. I'm sure you can get creative and solve this. Watching your knitting in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonder if that is the very last of the dye lot run and the orange was running out . . . Sure looks different to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I hate it when that happens. Hope you don't need it.

    A friend was 1/3 of the way through a sleeve when she realised it was darker than the rest of the body of the sweater. It was the same dye lot :(.

    Sorry if there are two comments from me. Computer did something funny and I wasn't sure whether the first one posted :).

    ReplyDelete