Thursday, December 10, 2015

Cotter Pin Links

I've heard of cotter pins but can't say I'm familiar with them. Still, I wanted to try Yarnplayer's technique which she kindly gave as a tutorial here.  It's effective and straight forward enough, though, like all new techniques, it will need some practice to get looking really good.

The colours in the photo are not right at all . My computer is not recognising my camera again, so I used my phone to take the photo. What looks like purple is really brown. Puzzling!

I've also been doing some spinning. For socks. My cousin says she will test knit a sock pattern for me, so I'm excited about that.

7 comments:

  1. That's a technique I'd like to try. You've done a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of that either but do want to give it a whirl too, your post gives hope for me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you did quite awesome I think!!! :) And that purple brown looks ok too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool ! I still have to give it a go .... Thanks for the reminder :-)
    Yours have come out pretty neat .

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter the color these look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out well. I haven't tried it yet I've got too many things to get ready for Christmas. I'll put it on my list to try next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen this technique before, it could be something that I may want to use!

    ReplyDelete