Monday, August 8, 2016

Forward and Back

The stitch count is a little different, but motif 47 is basically the same as the centre of motif 46. So I shortened the bare thread spaces. They look better, but I could've shortened them even more. The cream thread is Cebelia, as is the pink. The green is Milford. All size 20.

I was hiding the ends of my blanket when I noticed that I'd shortened the rows two-thirds of the way along!
I started with 42 repeats and finished with 41. I considered adjusting the edging to compensate, but really the only sensible thing to do was to unravel the crochet to that point and work it again. So I'm still working on it in the evenings.

7 comments:

  1. Love the little motif but what a shame about the blanket. Ah well, it happens to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the motif! I've accidentally shortened many crochet blankets. It's so easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The motif is lovely! I love the colors. Sorry about the blanket, must be irritating but the product is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely motif,
    What a shame hopefully by unpicking it, you can get it done quickly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jane and thank you for always visiting my meager blog. Your tatting is beautiful and Iike your blocked version very much. Lovely crocheted baby blanket. Personally I would not have noticed the 42 vs 41 rows, however I do relate to perfection and re-doing it. Lovely days to you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your motif is wonderful!!!!! :)
    Oh, all that work to have to go back!! I am sure you will have it finished quickly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous motif ! If you block the bare threads inwards like the one in 8 o'clock position,& similarly for the larger ones, you could get beautiful hearts all around :-) Just a thought ; I like this undulating effect as well.

    ReplyDelete