Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Slow!

Crocheting with plarn (plastic yarn) is a slow business. Perhaps my hook is a bit small for the job.  I had visualised making the whole shopping bag in trebles, like the bottom of the bag.
But eventually I got fed up with the slow pace of progress and decided to work a mesh pattern instead.
I probably should have found a pattern to follow because I'm struggling to get the sides of the bag even. When I was working in all trebles, the circumference seemed to be getting bigger and bigger. Now in mesh, it's getting smaller! The plarn is difficult to unravel, so I've just been compensating as I go along, which gives a rather wobbly result.

10 comments:

  1. It's looking good! - stylish, even. Much nicer than the one my friend made last year! - ( she wouldn't mind my saying this at all! ).I still worry about stretching issues when it's full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you have a variety of colors! Ours all seem to be tan or white, which would make for a very boring bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the white with grey spotd but all quite good. Would be a great bag to take to beach and bring home wet swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour combo!
    Would knitting be any easier &/or quicker ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crotchet is generally quicker than knitting. The main reason I chose it is that it would be easier to work in one piece.

      Delete
  5. I can imagine how slow it would be to use plastic, you have done a good job and the bag should be strong and good in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plastic with style and class, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are starting a new hobby here knitting plastic sorry crochet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wobbly will never show once you fill your plain bag with heavy groceries. Such dedication you have.

    ReplyDelete