Monday, December 18, 2017

Snakeskin

My colours are a bit garish, but I really wanted to try this pattern from Pinterest so I just used beads I had on hand. Because beaded crochet looks serpentine (to use muskaan's word), there are a number of 'snakeskin' patterns. I saw a picture online of a magnificent necklace, with memory wire inside the crocheted rope and a shaped snake head, so that it looked as though the wearer had a snake wrapped around her neck.  Not for the faint of heart, methinks. My bracelet is perfectly benign!

7 comments:

  1. Scary😨😨😨....err, scaly ! But beautifully so :-P
    The colours are hardly benign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pattern! sneak skin can be so beautiful - from a distance...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look very snakey...I'd keep getting a scare as you see it peeping out from under something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bead crochet is amazing. These colors look just right for Halloween instead of snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At last a snake I won't be afraid of ;) Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete